The Paradise Crusade (Penny)


Advertisement
Barbados' flag
Central America Caribbean » Barbados » Bridgetown
February 23rd 2010
Published: February 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

As we bury ourselves in the depths of winter, life in NYC is shaking up. I quit 'The Australian' last week, leaving behind drunken Midtown sport-head yobbos in favor of sexy SoHo. I now host 'Public', an uber-cool Michelin Star restaurant & bar owned and designed by a group of young and hip architects and populated with suave, sophisticated and trendy clientele. This is the real Manhattan and sooooo much more my scene.
(www.public-nyc.com/)

In other news, the novelty of city snow has worn as thin as my frazzled nerves. Brown slush defies the practicalities of architectural job interviews, (how do you dress to impress with knee-high, waterproof snow boots and a furry-hooded puffer jacket?), and the cold is getting beyond a joke. Thankfully Paradise is on the horizon....

My main mission in life is to discover the ultimate paradise island. The criteria is simple: white sandy beaches, warm turquoise sea, coconut trees strung with hammocks and tropical fruits piled high for the munching. With The Caribbean a stone's throw from New York and flight prices cheaper than a train ticket to visit Obama, the West Indies leg of "The Paradise Crusade" begins on Saturday.

Bring on Barbados!!!
PublicPublicPublic

My new job ...











Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

PublicPublic
Public

My new job ...
PublicPublic
Public

My new job ...


23rd February 2010

Like this place. makes you Want a nice glass of red
24th February 2010

Penny, i fail to see your issue. Watching aussie sport with beer all day and you're complaining ? Though on your other issue i feel your pain. Before Christmas it was "ohh look at the lovely nice snow for a white christmas, so nice to sit by a fire while its snowing outside". Now its "When will this f'n sh*t end ?!!" ..Longing for Sydney Sun !
24th February 2010

ohh ..and congrats on the job !

Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0574s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb