Celebration: Bahamian Nation


Advertisement
Published: February 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Celebration of Clean AirCelebration of Clean AirCelebration of Clean Air

Check the hang glider sailing on fresh ocean air!
In the Bahamas we just want to celebrate. What else can you do when the temperature hovers around 72F, the water's clear to the bottom and folks favour dance music and love songs on the radio?



Granted, there is a national election coming so the local talk shows are extra spicy and informative too. You really don't want to ever call anyone a 'mud dragger' but that's another story.



This is just a quick wave to let you know all's well with us. Guess we're like the kid's going off to college. If you don't hear from them it means they haven't run out of money yet and they might be studying, if they're not playing cards and socializing. Guilty! : ) Send money or come and see for yourself. Everyone is welcome because we plan to stay put on Grand Bahama Island for another few weeks.

This is our 3rd year on a south cycle and it has to be a great year. By now even the devil Murphy (of Murphy's Law) is getting tired of us. In previous years, anything that could go wrong went... and we diligently repaired it, modified it
Stileet! Bahamian Party Music ProStileet! Bahamian Party Music ProStileet! Bahamian Party Music Pro

Frank is now practising his Rake 'n Scrape technique with an amazing tutor.
or replaced it. This year, barring a few cosmetic tweaks, we're back on the cruising scene for another season.

Mind you, we did pay our dues for a few weeks last year in the bug infested gut of central Florida preparing the boat with new bottom paint and @5 projects for this round. But those are now receding memories; all but the lovely folks we met there on the launching pad. The porthole photo of our third gulf Stream crossing appears out of order at the end.


Since early January we've been enjoying the beach at Xanadu, swimming, biking, having potlucks and exploring Freeport, thanks to thoughtful friends loaning a car.



One of the highlights of the past few weeks was meeting Stileet, an amazing Bahamian party musician, people's poet and champion of the Bahamian nation. Frank is diligently practicing his Rake 'n Scrape bass technique in hopes of a gig with this creative fellow.


Gotta go. Blogging isn't in the travel brochure and it requires standing for 7 hours to get 3 bars on the wifi signal. No promises but next blog we'd like try for some shots of downtown Freeport.
Is it real?Is it real?Is it real?

Yeah and the beach feels even better than it looks!
The rest of the week is golf lessons, (Wayne can you believe we've never golfed yet?) snorkel fishing and our first live Bahamian music concert this Saturday, featuring Stileet! Who knew that relaxation required lessons?


In the meantime, remember to celebrate at the drop of a hat and shake your 'boongy' like they do in Bahamas!


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Arlene and JimArlene and Jim
Arlene and Jim

Our most gracious and fun loving tour guides.
Manager/ArtistManager/Artist
Manager/Artist

Banana Bay
Gayle and PeterGayle and Peter
Gayle and Peter

How good is this?
Every dog has his day...Every dog has his day...
Every dog has his day...

...or turn for a cold shower.
Our WheelsOur Wheels
Our Wheels

Abandonned lodges are too common.
Take Turns SqueezingTake Turns Squeezing
Take Turns Squeezing

Even traffic signs are exciting here!
Superior MarineSuperior Marine
Superior Marine

Mario going fishing.
Conch HuntersConch Hunters
Conch Hunters

Make us conchless!
EnchantmentEnchantment
Enchantment

Floats for tidal lines.
Thanking Wayne Preece always.Thanking Wayne Preece always.
Thanking Wayne Preece always.

MELODEON logo in the pilot house.
Not Tibetan prayer flags.Not Tibetan prayer flags.
Not Tibetan prayer flags.

Just happy laundry.
Chris does wifi, marina style.Chris does wifi, marina style.
Chris does wifi, marina style.

Soooo much better than the bathroom in Jax!
Pretty Stone WallPretty Stone Wall
Pretty Stone Wall

... on the stroll to the beach.
Surprise!Surprise!
Surprise!

Aging beautifully.
Xanadu SunsetXanadu Sunset
Xanadu Sunset

Take one each day.
Flowers for FebruaryFlowers for February
Flowers for February

Lifetime dream...flowers 365.
3rd Crossing, 2012 01 073rd Crossing, 2012 01 07
3rd Crossing, 2012 01 07

Been really lucky with the Gulf Stream.


Tot: 0.197s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0957s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb