We are definitely here out of season


Advertisement
Published: October 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We have been given details of a place called ‘Paradise Cove’. Apparently, from there you can snorkel out to a remote island which we thought would be something nice to see. There is apparently much wild life in the sea around this area.

We managed to negotiate the 20 mile route from our apartment to Paradise Cove without getting lost too many times. Our route took us over many bridges that joined tiny islands together and through many native Bahamas villages. We felt like we had seen the real island here.

When we got there, we were disappointed to find that this was another of their attractions that does not really do much out of season.

We drove back to the International Bazaar to see if it was any more alive today than it was when we visited earlier in the week, but it was still the same. Still quiet, many shops shut probably because it's out of season.

After this, we decided to give up and spend the rest of the day by the pool.

This evening we were invited to a local pastry evening organised by the complex. Here we were able to sample many of the typical Bahamas deserts. Cakes to die for.

They had a fashion show modelled by guests from the hotel with loads of similar clothes for sale. We did not look as our cases are already over full.

On our first day here, we met up with many couples. One of them was a Chinese couple. During this evening’s event, the complex was giving out T shirts etc to people with birthdays or anniversaries. Then they announced that they also had a prize for the Chinese couple for being the furthest travellers of the week. When the gentleman went up to collect the price, he announced that they were actually from Chicago, which would have made us the furthest travellers. We did get a nice T-shirt too.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0478s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb