B4 Travel Blog #2


Advertisement
Aruba's flag
Central America Caribbean » Aruba
September 26th 2013
Published: September 27th 2013
Edit Blog Post

What popular sports are played in Aruba?

http://www.caribbean-on-line.com/islands/ar/are.shtml

http://www.beachsocceraruba.com/ (just for fun)



One of the main attractions in Aruba is there sports and the variety they have there because of their beautful weather. Some sports they have in Aruba is windsurfing, bodysurfing, snorkeling and scuba diving, sportfishing, Bon Bini Festival (soccer tournement), hiking, and they even have their own half-marathon, which i think it pretty cool. The most popular sport played in is windsurfing because of the high wind levels in Aruba and all the water they have surrounding them makes it easy for a lot of people to join. Since there is a lot of water near Aruba most of their sports invlove water, so they're called watersports. One sport that caught my eye was soccer, so I did a little more research on it (the link above). In Aruba they have a special event every weekend that invloves everyone, with all ages females or males. It's a soccer tournement, which is called the FIFA Beach Soccer World Cup. The reason aAuba does this is because it's to dedicated to one of the first beach soccer founders, which is Cees Bossers.

The reason for this article is to inform the awesome activities and sports that are going on in Aruba, so they can encourage people to travel there and try it out for themselves. The article also explains what the different sports are and where are done. Plus, it tells you some history on why the people of Aruba do that sport or why it's just fun to do. Basically, it's just an overview on the sports Aruba offers.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0385s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb