Carribbean Cruise - First stop: Aruba


Advertisement
Published: December 18th 2011
Edit Blog Post

In March, 2011 it was finally time to leave Germany and hop on the plane to the Dominican Republic. We have always wanted to go to the Carribbean, but only last year did we decide to go there. We booked a cruise on a German cruiseship for two weeks all around the Carribean.

So after a long flight we arrived at La Romana Airport and upon getting out, the heat was overwelming. Half an hour later we were at the harbour of the city in a line to check in for our cruise. Another hour later we found ourselves on board, in our cabins. Later we had dinner in one of the restaurants. It was already dark when the ship left La Romana. The cruise had officially started.

The next day we had what's called a passage day, and relaxed on board. I went on a tour around the ship, discovering every single corner and meeting many nice people. We were also looking forward to the next day, because we would see a pearl in the Carribbean: Aruba.

On the 7th we got up very early (thank you jetlag!) in time to see the sunrise. Aruba was coming closer and in the early morning we set foot on the island. In the morning we had a tour all around the island. Our first stop was the Natural Bridge Ruins, the remains of the Natural Bridge, which collapsed in 2005. Later we visited a platform from which we could see almost the whole island and went to the California lighthouse and visited an aloe vera factory.

After our trip we went back to Oranjestad and used the rest of our time to see the city and go a bit shoopping as well.

In the early evening our ship left the harbour of Aruba. A beautiful little island, a place which I would call paradise. Our next day was again a passage day and we had enough time to let the memories sink in.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0547s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb