Antigua


Advertisement
Published: April 18th 2014
Edit Blog Post

10thApril Arrived Antigua after a good sail from Guadeloupe and a 0600 departure. Got a few jobs done on the boat, the main one being to fix the anchor winch, hence staying in the Jolly Harbour Marina. Also had a teak grate made for cockpit floor to keep my feet dry on long passages. Few more bits and pieces done while we’re next to a chandlery. Hired a car for a day and circumnavited the island. Went to Falmouth Harbour and English Harbour where Nelson’s Dockyard is – a historic harbour, the main one used in the Caribbean. Went on to see Devils Bridge and then Sir Vivian Richards Cricket Ground. Here we met Mervyn Richards – Viv’s younger brother. He was very keen to chat to us about our sailing and showed us around the complex. That was a major experience. Loving being in the one spot for a while, the female showers are great, and nice not to have to get wet in the Zodi each time we step off boat. However, are now also looking forward to being at anchor once more.

18th: Happy Birthday Genda. At anchor once more. Did a few jobs around the boat, had some trouble with banking and didn't really sort it out. Got a new teak grate made for the cockpit floor so my feet don't get wet (and stay wet) on passage. Looks great. hehehehe.


Additional photos below
Photos: 39, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 20; dbt: 0.0256s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb