chillin' in Anitgua


Advertisement
Published: February 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Falmouth Harbour again, somehow it seems very good to be here, especially after our night sail. In the morning we woke up about 9 am and soon got the shambles of the boat organised, it looked a bit like a washing machine inside, we bundled up all the dirty washing, towels, sheets etc and prepared to go ashore and see the customs. The night before we had literally dropped the anchor at the entrance as soon as it was safe to do so, and when we woke up we found we were anchored just off the reef, but in quite a good place.
In the dinghy we set off for the customs and the first boat we saw were our friends Richard and Jan on Scorpio, we were with them in Turkey and Syria and Israel when we did the EMYR. Since then they have changed their boat and the last few years been right round the caribbean, in cluding Belize, Mexico and Venezuala. It was good to see them, next to them was Lucy Ellen, Neil and Josie from Weymouth. We had a good reunion. We went to the customs in English Harbour, they were very friendly and really helpful. That was a nice suprise. On the way back we saw Corinne at the internet place in the Lazy Mon goose it was nice to see her. Another weymouth face. We were just going back to the boat when we saw Trevor from Weymouth, his big boat Tivoli, was just near us, he came over in the massive rib and had a cup of tea. We moved the boat further into the bay to get an internet signal and anchored in front of Trevor. That evening they all came round for drinks, and we had a very jolly time as you can imagine.
We were quite busy all day cleaning and sorting but now the boat is organised again.
Yesterday we had a quiet day, internetting, reading, sleeping. Then in the evening we went to the pub and met Trevor and his friends, and then Alan and I went to Trappas, our favourite restaurant here. It was very good.
The big swell is affecting the sea, it is not nice out there at all, we will go to Barbuda at the beginning of next week probably when it settles down. Tonight we have a beach bbq organised with all the people from Weymouth, and also Jan and Richard, Trevors friends as well. So fingers crossed it does not rain.
All calm here, and dare I say it ...yes relaxed. (!)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0558s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb