Bangkok, Thailand


Advertisement
Asia
February 21st 2012
Published: February 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We only spent a few days in Bangkok but felt we still got to experience all the city had to offer (good and bad) The shopping centres here are AMAZING!! Much like the ones in KL... Huge, multi story complexes with a little bit of everything... They would truely take my breath away, I have never seen anything quite like it.

By far the best experiences of Bangkok were Madaam Tuasaads Wax Museum and the Floating markets.

The wax museum was so awesome. With wax figures of all the famous celebs/sporting heroes/World leaders and Royals.... So incredibly lifelike with all the extreme detail that goes into creating the perfect replica of that person... It was a little freaky to feel like you were really face to face. They had models of Beyonce, Barack Obama,The Queen, Pablo Picasso, David Beckham, Madonna, Micheal Jackson, Leonardo Dicaprio, Angelina and Brad etc etc.... I could have stayed in there for days!!!

The floating Markets were also very good, despite the fact that we were totally ripped off with our taxi and tour price... We probably paid three times the price. You live and learn I suppose... The canals where the markets are, are located a little out of the city, there you are taken by a long tail speedboat down the river canals and around the small floating boats where the locals are selling everything from produce and souveniers to crafts etc.... Was such a good experience! We went on a city tour by speedboat too and were shown how high the water levels rose in the Bangkok floods. It always amazes me to see how resiliant these people are when it comes to natural disasters.

The temples here are pretty beautiful... Temple Arun located by the water. We also went to the Grand Palace. Used by the Thai Royal family before the early 1900's... How absolutly gorgeous this palace is... And BIG... We seen the gold plated reclinning Buddha, 46 metres long... Huge!! Really cool... Have always loved the way that the Thai worship and love their King.... Every single person here absolutly adores him and they are not shy to express it to you, are very proud to tell you all about him and his history with the country, there are pictures of him EVERYWHERE!! It saddens me to think how they will mourn him when he dies in a few years from now...

So we are now headed to Hanoi, Vietnam.... Will try to update soon... xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0389s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb