Agra - A journey to the history


Advertisement
Asia
June 1st 2011
Published: June 8th 2011
Edit Blog Post

21st May 2011 - a hot summer day. we decided to go to Agra. Surendra had got exhausted with busy work days and we were in need to spend quality time together. so what other option could it be than to visit Taj - the heavenly palace of love and peace.
We started from Vaishali (Ghaziabad) by car early in the morning at 5:00. Our little daughter Saumya seemed excited too for the journey. Despite of sleepless night, we three were quite fresh and enjoyed the way with fresh morning winds and music.
We reached Mathura by 9:00 AM and took a small halt. I felt refreshed with cool morning view of restaurant on highway, lil Soumya was delighted to see camels and elephants. A little boy was also sitting there with a serpant and was greeting everyone with namaste. The place was a nice halt for travellers on the highway. After taking light south Indian breakfast in Sagar Ratna, we started back our journey.
We reached Agra by 11:00 and what a change in weather!! It was quite hot when we were at Sikandara, which turned cloudy as we headed to the Taj nagari. Seemed weather wanted to enjoy with us too 😊
We decided to reach hotel first and then to go to Taj. We reached Hotel RajMahal around 12:00. After reaching there its good hospitality, humble staff service and comfy rooms left no room for us to go anywhere that day. Our sleep deprived eyes went automatically closed and when we got up, the clock struck 4:00 . Naturally there was no use to visit Taj then as it gets closed at 6:30. So our joint consent was to see Taj next day in morning sunshine. That day we spent enjyoing the hotel service. Surendra took a plunge in pool and we enjoyed good weather with pool side tea. At evening we wandered around the hotel area to take a glimpse of local life. Suddenly Surendra got an idea to book a tonga for next day Taj visit.
Next day as decided tonga came to pick us at hotel gate and we started our journey to the Mughal place by Moughal sawari 😊
Taj - The only word comes out of our mouth after seeing is "Wow!! Its certainly a magic". I was seeing it second time, yet I was spellbound. In the pleasant morning sunshine it looked like a white pearl wrapped in golden shell. There were very few visitors then and the marble was very soothing for our feet (thanks to the last night's thunderstorm). It made the whole scene very cool and picturesque.
After Taj, we moved towards Agra Fort. on the way, the tonga driver took us to the Shilpgram, where we did some shopping for sarees and leather goods.
it was noon when we reached to the Fort. The day had got somewhat hot and we were sweating, but the zeal was making us to enjoy the hot weather in tonga. At fort we hired a guide and it was a good experience. He told the story of fort and showed all the portions in such a fashion that I plunged into imaginations of the days, Moughals living there in the fort. Its quite an interesting place to experience the history.
After fort we took lunch in a local restaurant and returned back to our hotel. The weather has again started to turn into cloudy and when we were resting in our room, light showers were preparing the weather for our good return journey.
Last time when we had visited Agra, It was quite hot and we had finished the whole journey the same day. This time we stayed for a day and took time to see the monuments. Good place of sta a At 5:00 PM we checked out to say goodbye to The Taj city. Agra is left back but the whole lot of unforgettable memories is still with us.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.037s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb