More experiences with the Cambodian Medical Services...


Advertisement
Asia
July 13th 2010
Published: July 13th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Although there was no medical emergency in Phnom Penh, at 11pm on Sunday night in Siounkville, Jessica's leg was being seen to by a doctor. After alot of nagging from Hannah over the past week, and looking after her that evening supplying blankets, water, cold towels, crisps and sprite, (and everyone thinks Jess is a mug) beacause she was feeling a bit peaky she was finally carted off in a tuk tuk to the medical clinic. After a phone call from Morgan whilst Jessica was on the operating table, it was time for Hannah to take the role of Mum (everyone wants the mum when they are not well!!). So as Jess cried and swore alot whilst cluthing both of Hannah's hands and biting her own shoulder, she was very brave considering they were pulling her knee, shin, feet and toes apart with tweesers trying to remove the infection! After this was done, the antiseptic was applied and the ridiculous looking bandages were in place. Everything was therefore fine, until Hannah then felt faint and had to be removed to a chair outside in order to not repeat the incident of her fainting at the dinner table in Halong Bay. Soon after though, we were back in the tuk tuk going home and went to bed, missing the final of the world cup!

We had already booked to go snorkelling yesterday, so off we went at 8am in the morning, Jess having to be carried onto the boat by a man half her size (to make sure the bandages didnt get wet) whilst Hannah waded through the water with all the belonginngs. Jessica then spent the day sat on the boat, whilst Hannah snorkelled and swam, and although she did feel bad for Jess, she had been nagging her for a week to get her leg sorted, so it was her own fault why it got infected! After a nice day for Hannah, and possibly a boring one for Jess, we decided we should go out for a few drinks! So off we went, and at 4 oclock this mornig we were playing pool folowed by a rather uncooked cheeseburger for Hannah and a charcholed one for Jess. Which now means Hannah is ill as well as Jess having a rather infected leg!

We have five days, so please wish us luck for this last bit, weve made it this far, so a few illnesses isnt going to stop us! xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Advertisement



13th July 2010

What is it about this family and legs abroad! I have in the landing cupboard 2 pairs of crutches from Sophie's adventures. One pair Greek- 'broken glass in the foam party' incident and one pair Austrian- fall (whilst 'playing' on a path outside hotel). Was going to take them to car boot but will save in case Jess needs them on her return! Grandad will be panicking no doubt!! TAKE CARE. Love Jenny and Phil

Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0503s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb