kota kinabalu escapade


Advertisement
Asia
November 19th 2009
Published: November 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

I searched the internet to book my flight and hotel. It was my first time to take Air Asia flight to Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia on November 13, 2009 via Clark. I boarded the Philtranco bus at 12:00 noon from SM Megamall, Ortigas, it was convenient. However, I should comment on the poor maintenance of the toilet inside Philtranco bus, it really stinks.

I board flight AK 6265. Nice plane, nice food. Kudos to Air asia for making it convenient to book online. Hopefully, in the future, there will be multiple destination option.

Day 1
Arrived at KK in late afternoon. Check in in SeaPark Condotel in Tanjung Aru. The condotel is near the Tanjung Aru arcade. But it is very far from the city centre. Walk my way to Tanjung Aru Beach and went to city center for a relaxing massage and window shopping at Centerpoint. Booked an island hopping tour at BTH for next day. It was late at night already and bus Is no longer available. Taxi is very expensive. I tried to walk back to my hotel, but it was so far! It was a 45 minute walk. There is not a decent sidewalk and pedestrian lane around. Apparently, most Malaysians have cars, so walkways are not given attention.

Day 2
Pick up at 9:00 am at the hotel for the scheduled tour to Manukan and Sapi Island lunch included. Nice sumptuous lunch indeed. Snorkeling much of the day. Late afternoon when I returned to the hotel.

Evening I tried to eat Malaysian food at the al fresco at the public eating place with White tents near the Tanjung Aru arcade. Later went shopping in Sunny supermarket. Walking around saves money on taxi fare a lot.

Day 3
Pick up at the hotel 7:30 am. Scheduled trip to the Mt. Kinabalu and Poring Hot Spring. The bus went around the city, nice for it’s a free way of seeing the sights around. It was a long trip to Mr. Kinabalu with 2 stopovers. The canopy walk at Poring Hot spring is very nice and the trek to the waterfall too. The water is so cool. Back at the hotel around 8 pm. Dinner at a local restaurants serving noodles.

Day 4
Just lazing around the hotel. Too tired after the previous 2 days of activities. Taxi back to airport Terminal 2 on Air Asia afternoon flight back to Clark.

Not much time to visit other places around Sabah. Maybe next time….
Malaysian tourist guides should learn English more. It’s so hard to communicate with them when asking for information.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0329s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb