Hoi An and Hué


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam
July 27th 2014
Published: July 30th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Hoi An
We arrived in Hoi An in the early hours of the morning after our 'vietjet air' plane was delayed from Ho Chi Minh. After only paying £30 for the flight the day before it was a much better choice than a 27hr bus...

The next morning we enjoyed our continental buffet breakfast and then headed to the beach. Deceived by the wind we all ended up a bit crispy, however the creme de la creme was Sophia who to outsiders appeared to have a rare skin condition on her belly.

On Sunday we cycled into town, shopped in the stalls and met Roxanne's cousin Niall for lunch. Later Sophia, Roxanne and Zoe went back to the beach where they were accosted by Vietnamese children taking photos of them so decided to seek revenge and return the favour, while Tara and I cycled along the coast where we were greeted as "Hello white colour!". The highlight was seeing a dog we are around 40% sure was rabid. That night we met a group from Loughborough Uni, went out for drinks with them and were convinced into going to a club a forty minute walk away.

Understandably exhausted from the trek the night before we had to get up early for our transport to Hué... We each had a driver who took us on their motorbike (sorry parents) for the six hour journey over the mountains stopping off at Marble Mountain and several more beautiful viewpoints. Top gear did part of the route on their Vietnam special calling it one of the most beautiful roads in the world and we would all agree with this and the best view was defs from the back of a bike!

Hué
The next day in Hué was always going to be tame in comparison to the bikes but we visited (what is left of) the citadel, the old palace for the Chinese Emperor. Then ate as much as possible to prepare for our 16hr sleeper bus that night to Hanoi where the drivers eclectic taste in music included barbie girl.

Susan xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0377s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb