Flowers in Vietnam


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam
September 15th 2013
Published: June 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post

In 2011, the lotus flowers were chosen as Vietnam's national flowers after a nation-wide survey. They are often seen in many pictures, photos, calendars and Vietnam Airlines also uses these flowers as its logo. The lotus season only lasts 3 months (June, July and August) and these flowers are picked at the lakes in the early hours of the morning (from 5am to 7am). There are two flowers which are symbols of spring (January and February) in Vietnam. They are Hoa Đào (peach blossoms) in northern Vietnam and Hoa Mai (apricot blossoms) in southern Vietnam.

If you visit Vietnam during the new year celebrations, you can see flower festivals in Hanoi, Huế, Đà Nẵng, Đà Lạt and Hồ Chí Minh city.

The photos in this blog were taken at the flower festivals in Hanoi and Sài Gòn, flower market in Huế city or by the road in the Central Highlands of Vietnam during my trips.

Other blog about Vietnamese flowers:

The lotus season in Hanoi

Hanoi Flower Festival 2009

Hanoi Flower Festival 2010

Hanoi Flower Festival 2012

Happy women's day 8 March!

Tết 2009 in Huế city

Sài Gòn - Tết 2013 (the Year of the Snake)


Additional photos below
Photos: 42, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Hoa đào (Peach blossoms) Hoa đào (Peach blossoms)
Hoa đào (Peach blossoms)

The pink flowers are the symbol of spring in northern Vietnam.


Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0604s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb