asia.. so far..


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
July 22nd 2006
Published: July 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

i'm currently in saigon a/k/a ho chi minh city right now uploading hundreds of pictures on ofoto.com to share w/ the rest of the world.

check out the photos at http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?8p8taruv.9tk84zz3&x=1&y=brod2j

i left for manila 29june and been out of the states since i left for vancouver in may.. i can't say i miss the states since i am w/ my hubby in this trip to asia.. i'm not that homesick, either.. well, i missn my dog.. will see mom and dad soon. i wish they'd send more $ heheh

anyway i didn't even get to write abt my fourth and final week in vancouver.. the fourth week i was there something terrible happened w/ one of my classmates.. my final weekend there i went home to LA to be w/ my hubby.. finals week went by like a breeze and before i knew it i was already back in LA for a few days before heading to manila..

i won't be able to upload pix on this one but there are lots and lots of pix on ofoto.com so far we've visited baguio (before the landslide devastated the whole place), vigan in ilocos norte. we stayed in mactan island in cebu to enjoy the white beaches and had a wonderful time in bohol baskin in the sun in the white sand beaches of alona beach in panglao island. we went island hopping in bohol and ended up puking off the coast of baligcasan (or something like that) b/c the waves were too choppy.. even if i wasn't good at swimming i took my chances at snorkeling but never letting go of the "katig".. the waves were just too strong and probably would ended up floating far fr the boat.. anyway i got sick the weekend we were supposed to visit my dad's province so we didn't get to make it to alabat's fiesta. we ended up staying in manila for the past week (i couldn't do much w/ my racuous coughing and sneezing) so we made the most of it by going to pagsanjan falls to brave the rapids.. it was a lot of fun! we also visited nearby cities like punta fuego in batangas, paete in laguna, and went bar hopping. we saw a comedy show (not so funny cos it was a sunday), and bands playing (freestyle, cool herb???, and pupil--eli buendia of eraserheads..

elvin and i arrived in saigon last night (fri) and took a city tour this morning. we went around town (walking) to buy some souvenirs.. haven't taken much pix here in saigon but we will be.. tonigh we have a river dinner cruise tour thing going on in the saigon river and tomorrow we'll be enjoying a whole day tour of the mekong delta.. i read abt that river in my summer class in vancouver but i don't remember much.. vancouver is such a faded memory right now..

anyway.. elvin and i will be back in manila monday night to meet up w/ carlo again so we can head out to palawan island on tuesday early morning. i miss my hubby but he deserves some time to be alone.. and i guess so do i.. heheh saigon's a nice city.. so many motorbikes (no big bikes).. a litte scary to cross the street. one thing to remember when crossing the street is not to hesitate otherwise the bikers might just run over you.. the city's so much cleaner compared to manila and i guess there's not much traffic on the weekends.. they have large bills here like half a million dong notes.. weird.. prices are pretty cheap but i bet that it's even cheaper outside the downtown area..

ciao for now!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.026s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0555s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb