Off to the beach and visiting more relatives


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
March 2nd 2011
Published: March 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Guess what...we got up early again...:-) This time off to visit more relatives and the beach.

Went to get breakfast, normal this time, pho. Supposed to be the best place in Saigon...its open 24 hrs/day and is packed all the time. It was really good.

Headed south to meet a cousin and his family. Ended up getting down there about 1.5 hrs later and he had came into Saigon...mix up in the meeting place. So we just headed down to the beach. Took about 2 more hours to get there. The beach was in a place called Long Hai. It was a perfect day and time to be there. Being a weekday, everyone was at work. It was only 3 groups of people there including us. They serve food, etc. right on the beach. Kind of a cabana thing going on, a frame with a roof. Ordered some calamari and steamed crabs. Of course being on the beach, everything was good...:-)

We stayed about 3 hours, just relaxing. Water was perfect, about 75 degrees. Really enjoyable afternoon.

Headed over to meet more relatives after we left the beach. Went to Tien's mom-in-law's home. They own 3-4 buildings and rent one of them out to a guy who makes furniture. Tien, like Phi did, bought a home a couple years ago. It's on the block behind the in-law's home. He rents it out now. Went and checked it out, he's trying to buy an empty lot next door and wants to tear the current home down and build a bigger, new place.

The in-law's have 3-4 kids that live with them in the houses they own. A couple of daughters and a couple of sons, along with their families. So we had a house full. The ladies did the cooking and the guys prepped the fish, etc. Tien's mom-in-law is a really, really nice lady. She bought a new mattress and setup a bedroom just for our visit. All the food was great...way too much...as usual, lol.

Headed out about 8pm, got back into town about 9pm and went by another cousin's place (the one we missed this morning). Visited with him for a while and then headed back to the hotel to pack...gotta get up at 3am to start our tour tomorrow. The tour company is picking us up at 4am and taking us to the airport to fly to Nha Trang.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0398s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb