good Morning Vietnam (cliche I know)


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
April 23rd 2006
Published: May 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well we made it here after paying for some guys to fill in a form that was in English - ah communism don’t you just love it!

Our guide into Saigon or Ho Chi Minh City depending on what side of the political equation you are on, decided to sing us some traditional songs in the mini bus in and that good old Vietnamese ditty “I’m all out of love”.

On our first day we had a cyclo guy bring us round to all the hot spots such as the war museum which was excellent (gets you thinking about war - why, WHY!) and then he brought us to a temple and actually explained all the different things Apparently I’m going to have 8 kids and lots of money cause I rubbed the heads of these statues. Ah these crazy religions - why couldn’t they go for something normal like a man, a holy spirit and being!

Then we finished off with visiting the Christina Noble Orphanage as I had brought some stuff from Australia for the kids. It was very sad as a lot of people leave their children because they are too poor to look after them. Needless to say I nearly ran away with one of the babies but then reality kicked in.

Next day checked out the Cu Chi Tunnels where the Viet Cong hid from the bombs. They had lovely spiky things to kill the US army and videos of women smiling while making weapons - happy times. I loved the way you could buy Viet Cong memorabilia with US dollars. Irony anyone?


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.039s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb