It was a bit smelly in train SE 3


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
June 1st 2009
Published: June 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

WastemanagementWastemanagementWastemanagement

Now in Ho Chi Min city
Joined train SE 3 from Hanoi to Saigon in Danang. In my cabin were a grandmother and granddaugther and a father and his little son, all vietnamese. They had lived already 18 hours in the closed cabin and you could smell it.
They were still sleeping at midday and the granddaugther was able to sleep the full 16 hours to Saigon with only one toiletstop and in Saigon she still looked tired.

Now I know from a dutch guy living here how they "clean " during the trip the bedsheets and blankets and pillows.
In Danang many people get of the train. They take the dirty, used things from the berths. Fold it nicely, put it in plastic and gives it to the new passenger as clean . That s part of the smell.

Train was crowded and most of the sunday the rain continued.Surroundings stays beautiful and farmers were on the fields busy with their ricefields as ususally.
Next to the railway over the complete distance Hanoi Saigon is a road. Only two lanes but good quality only not much traffic.

Arrived at Saigon Railwaystation with one hour delay. After heavy braking the train at about 4.30
carryingcarryingcarrying

Carrying sometimes their own weight on one shoulder
stopped and personnel started to look under the train with big lanterns and found something under the next carriage. They went with plastic bags under the train. A man looking as doctor arrived. Looked under the train and they decided to continue the trip. The bags were still empty. Wonder what they found.

Taxis at the station are good quality and taxidrivers speaking english and can read. Was in the hotel at 6 o clock.

Was able today to arrange transport to Phnom Phen for wednesday only US 13.-- Leaving by coach at 6 oclock and arriving if weather stays reasonable, not too much rain, at midday. Had a look at the pick up place where all day busses are leaving. Looks o.k.

Did my laundry and walked for some hours in the city.





Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

cathedral cathedral
cathedral

Ho Chi Min city


Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0535s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb