Mui Ne and Ho Chi Minh City


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City » District 1
December 20th 2013
Published: December 20th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Mui Ne is basically a gorgeous little holiday town. They've built right up to the beach, leaving just enough space to walk down and watch the insane number of wind and kite surfers. We hired a kayak and attempted to paddle against the current - knackering! Loved it.

Our hotel had a pool which was awesome, gonna miss how much you get for your money in Vietnam! Food still ridiculously cheap as well! And we've got used to the fact that meals never arrive at the same time.. Haha.

Before heading to the capital we did a Thai cooking class.. Ended up being the only 1s on it! Went to the market to have some free samples and spent the next 2 hrs making pancakes, spring rolls, beef noodle soup, salads and sauces. Good day!

On to Ho Chi Minh City baby!!

We spent a full day literally just walking round the capital, sweating and sight seeing! Cue more mopeds and daredevil road crossing, there are some traffic lights though and they actually pay attention to them at the big junctions. The pavements are still a free for all for motorbikes though..

We spent a long time in the Vietnam/USA war museum, a very moving few hours. We read a lot that we never knew, not only about things like the horrendous torture used and harmful gases released, but also about how in so many countries, including America, there were endless demonstrations begging for the war to be ended. Out thoughts are with those that were, and those who still are, affected.

On our last day in Vietnam (WAAAAAAAAH) we did a trip to Mekong river. Spending the day drifting through coconut trees, visiting a honey farm and rural village and being fed local fruits and dishes, we felt we'd earned a beer!! So for our final few hrs we sat in the road, on plastic chairs, bantering with some Aussie lads.

So long Vietnam! Its been emotional.

Oh and we treated ourselves to a plane to get to phuket..

Love,

Vicky and Mark xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0395s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb