OMG no Facebook


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City » District 1
August 4th 2012
Published: August 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Well woke up to Mike telling me all about the Olympics as he has been watching them during the night whilst I was sound asleep. Ticked off from the bucket list "good morning Vietnam" been trying to log into facebook to update and found that you cannot send messages via facebook - I can see your messages and can also send an individual comment but that is it.

We had the induction this morning so "Xin Chao" so hello. We also took a half day tour around Ho Chi Minh and guess what we went around the Independence Palace which had Russian Tanks, Chinook Helicopters and the war rooms. We then went to a museum that was all about the Americans and the things they did like dropping Agent Orange on the Vietnamese. I must admit I said to Mike look we need to go to something that is happy as at the moment on this trip we have been to Hiroshima, Killing Fields and now seen what Agent Orange does.

The guide we had English was not very good so we had to keep guessing what he was trying to tell us - which to be honest his English was much better than our Vietnamese but when you have paid bucks you do want someone you can understand.

We went to Notre Dame yes there is one in Ho Chi Minh probably cos the French were here for a number of years and could not go in as they were having Mass. We then went to the Post Office yes the Post Office. To be honest it was quite a building.

We have braved the motorcycles for something to eat and are now back in the room watching a bit of the Olympics. We start at the disabled orphanage on Monday so have a free day tomorrow not sure what we are going to do but do not want to go to anything which depicts what war does to people.

We met the 2 girls who have also started volunteering with us. They seem really nice and probably are jet lagged as they seem to have been travelling for ages to get here.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.31s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 41; dbt: 0.1174s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb