Saigon Slippery Bum


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City » District 1
October 17th 2011
Published: October 18th 2011
Edit Blog Post

My Vietnamese pancakeMy Vietnamese pancakeMy Vietnamese pancake

Prawn, pork and veggies inside with loads of fresh herbs!
Massages are a bit harder to come by in Saigon than in other parts of SE Asia.
We chose the deluxe package which was an hour massage, 30 minute foot massage and a pedicure. First we were escorted across the hall to what appeared to be the dressing room for a seedy nightclub. The girls there didn't seem too impressed about having to perform a pedicure. Well actually I'm not sure if you would class our treatment as a pedicure. They simply painted polish over top of my old polish, no foot wash, no clipping or filing, nothing! Then came the body massage from the girl wearing a belt for a skirt. Sweet young thing squished me like a tube of toothpaste. Oiled up my entire butt cheeks and then stood on my ass. I think my internal organs got a massage too. Unfortunately my shitty excuse for a pedicure got smeared all over the massage table as the polish wasn't dry. Bruised and oily I made my way to the relax room where skinny men sat and smoked cigarettes while their spine was cracked and crunched.
They tried to charge extra for the nail polish I got at my apparent pedicure, but that was not going to happen seeing as my feet now looked far worse than when I arrived. The boys all got offered happy endings, which they refused....or so they say.
Dinner with my group was followed by live music, way too many vodkas and much laughter. I made it to bed in time to get 4hrs sleep before setting off to The Cu Chi Tunnels to the north west. I felt fairly average but couldn't complain when I saw the agony on the face of fellow traveler, Tom, who topped off his cocktails with a tequila right before bed. The poor guy was holding back chunks all day.
After the tunnels we visited the National War Museum which was quite confronting and I got choked up with tears a few times.

My guide and Gecko's group are awesome people. This trip is gonna be a ripper! 😊 xx
17 photos- see below.
Tomorrow is the day long local bus ride to Dalat.



Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



18th October 2011

good blog
keep sending the photos

Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0484s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb