Riding around Hoi An and China Beach


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Quảng Nam » Hoi An
February 24th 2012
Published: March 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Every hotel in Hoi An provides bikes for a dollar a day. However, as we experienced in Laos, they only seem to be the old school girl variety. Riding around the outskirts of town provided an opportunity to see the the real community go about their everyday life. Whether it was squatting down working in the rice paddies, praying in a temple or playing a game of soccer, people were just getting on with living life, oblivious to anyone else looking in.

The ride (or run if you're Ash) from our hostel on the outskirts of Hoi An to China beach is only 4km. Coming from Australia which has thousands of miles of vast sandy beaches, you get a little fussy when confronted by another one. But the beach is actually really nice and it was great to feel sand between our toes again and take time out to lie on the beach and chill out. For Adam (being an avid surfer), it was a surprise to actually see a little ripple of a wave there. However, the novelty of surfing the beach like the scene in Apocalypse Now was not going happen. There was only one proper surfboard for hire in the town and it was a real dungga of a thing, plus the waves were tiny.

With every day, Hoi An seems a more lovable town. With beaches, rivers, beautiful architecture, great people and tasty cheap food, whats not to love?


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0568s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb