Ancient Hoi An


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Quảng Nam » Hoi An
April 17th 2011
Published: May 8th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Learning to Ride! 22 secs

This place isn't an UNESCO world heritage site for nothing... it's quite literally stunning!

Hoi An is one of my favorite places so far. It reminded me a bit of a Fishing Port, even though it's not and the river doesn't really have boats in it, so you'd have to visit to feel the atmosphere and see what I mean. It is very picturesque; Old French/Brighton Lanes mixed with the friendliest Vietnamese and an endless array of food!! As there is a lot of French influence still here with their bakeries we made the most of them by stuffing our faces silly with cake!!

Also an exciting moment was learning how to ride a moped, for the 2 minutes I was on it I loved it!! Not as Chavy when your passing stunning scenery in the sweltering heat!!

Here we got some clothes tailor made which the place is renown for and the quality is the best in Vietnam (also the prices are due to the rife competition), ate cakes, rode the bike to the beach and around the local villages, chilled in the pool and ate the BIGGEST shrimp I have ever seen in my life!! (Even bigger than at Harrods!)

Just check out the beautiful photos.... must say this backpacking malarkey is hard work!! xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



20th June 2011
Hoi An at night

Gorgeous Pic!
Loving the blog for catching up on your travels. Really nice pic of the two of you - you've both definitely picked up a glow from the Asian sunshine:) x

Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0273s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb