Nha Trang and Hoi An


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Quảng Nam » Hoi An
July 26th 2009
Published: July 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Qhy NhonQhy NhonQhy Nhon

found ourselves a deserted beach.... perfect!
After a late night bus from Saigon we found ourselves in Nha Trang, a town on the coast of Vietnam. We spent three nights here, chilling on the beach by day and drinking in the bars by night, this town was definitely a party town and we had no shortage of bars to choose from. We did a pub crawl one night which was great fun, we ended up at a rave at a bar on the beach called the sailing club.

After Nha Trang we head up the coast to a sleepy little town called Qhy Nhon. There was nothing to do here but relax, we settled ourselves in a little spot called Barbara’s Backpackers which was right on the beach front. And the best thing about Qhy Nhon was that we were two of only about a handful of tourists in the whole town. We rented a moped one day and drove to a nearby beach, we stopped for lunch at this little beach shack and through a miscommunication Stephen ended up with a whole plate of crab instead of a small dish.

After three nights in Qhy Nhon we moved on again to Hoi An. This has to be our favourite place so far in Vietnam. It’s a little town that by a stroke of luck was spared any damage during the Vietnam War so it is a quaint old town untouched by modernity. We stayed at a great hotel with our balcony overlooking the rice paddy fields that stretched into the distance. Hoi An is also full of Tailor shops and Art Galleys and after five nights here we had spent more than we intended. For 8 euro you can pick up a tailor-made shirt made to measure and for as little as €15, a top quality dress. We both left with new clothes all of which was posted home, it felt great to thin out our backpacks. We wondered the markets enjoying the art of haggling, soaking up the atmosphere of this wonderful little town. We could have stayed here longer, but it was onwards north to Hue.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Qhy NhonQhy Nhon
Qhy Nhon

Ste and his plate of steamed Crabs.
Hoi AnHoi An
Hoi An

Me on the balcony of our hotel room, with rice paddies in the background.
Hoi AnHoi An
Hoi An

Pictures of around Hoi An town.
Hoi AnHoi An
Hoi An

The river front at night time.
Hoi AnHoi An
Hoi An

Lots of beautiful Lanterns.
Hoi AnHoi An
Hoi An

Out to dinner at a local vietnamese resturant.


Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0592s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb