Beside the sea side at Nha Trang


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Khanh Hoa » Nha Trang
February 28th 2012
Published: March 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Nha TrangNha TrangNha Trang

Now that's a beach!
28th February ’12 Hoi An back to Danang station and on to Nha Trang

Well I don’t know what’s worse, a night train or 10 hours on a day train sitting in a seat with its springs coming through! I don’t want to say anything else about it!!

We arrived about 8.30pm so by the time we had checked into the hotel all we had time for was to get some grub and ended up with ‘genuine greek’ kebabs which made a tasty change! As we were sitting at a little table on the roadside we were the perfect targets for every seller in the area but after saying no about 5 times they generally accepted you meant no! All apart from one lady, who was so desperate as she had done no business that night, and she kept begging and I felt awful so I now own a necklace which I had no idea I even wanted!

We also have quickly figured out that this is where the Russians come on holiday, the fact that the menus are in Russian, signs are in Russian and Ruskies are everywhere was a bit of a clue!

29th Feb
Nha TrangNha TrangNha Trang

Harbour and city
’12 – 2nd March ’12 Nha Trang

‘Oh I do like to be beside the seaside, oh I do like to be beside the sea…..’

Well this is lovely, a beautiful white beach, blue sea, green islands and a wide prom! First though a spot of sightseeing and we were off to see the Po Nagar Cham Towers, which are right in the town. They are built on a small hill just past the harbour and are made from beautiful red sandstone. They have been restored and are just lovely, quite simple but very striking and made me feel even more sad about what had been done to My Son where the towers were originally far larger than the ones here. Still at least these ones are preserved and are still working temples and while we were there several local people came in to make offerings and pray.

We then tried to visit the Pagoda which has a giant white Buddah on the top of the hill but when we got there it was shut! So we headed back to the hotel grabbed our towels and hit the beach.

Although it’s hot, there is a lovely
Nha TrangNha TrangNha Trang

Po Nagar Cham Towers
cooling breeze and the view is gorgeous, so a great way to spend an afternoon!

The next day I managed to sleep right through the morning – probably due to being up until stupid o’clock typing up this bbbb blog and getting onto the internet! So we just headed to the beach again then strolled up and down the prom and sat watching the world go by. Went for a fruit shake and then headed out for tea – it’s a hard life!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Nha TrangNha Trang
Nha Trang

The Meditation Hall
Nha TrangNha Trang
Nha Trang

I like dragons me!
Nha TrangNha Trang
Nha Trang

and the temple was closed!


Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0553s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb