Day 62-63: Nha Trang, Vietnam


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Khanh Hoa » Nha Trang
March 30th 2009
Published: March 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Sunday, March 29th


We decided to take the day off :-) and just stay in, blog, plan and arrange our next move and watch some movies. We ended up not doing any planning, just chilling. We watched movies late into the night. It was great!

Mentally we're ready to get going again. In a sense, coming to Nha Trang was like coming home and we've stayed here a long time. Even so, we're both feeling the itch to hit the road again.

The next adventure awaits!

Today's highlights:
1. Spending the day watching movies.

Monday, March 30th


After a weak attempt at waking Talita at 6am to go jogging, Ferdi gave up and we ended up sleeping really late.

After breakfast we booked our flight to Bangkok. There are no buses that go directly from Saigon to Bangkok. If you take the bus you have to travel through Cambodia and visas alone are US$30 per person, not to mention bus tickets and accommodation, so it gets very expensive and time consuming. We're flying on AirAsia for US$158 in total and it takes two hours (if we had booked a week ago it would've cost only US$124). We will leave Vietnam via Saigon on April 8th.

We also arranged our bus tickets to Mui Ne, a small coastal town about three hours from Nha Trang. We're leaving on the 1st of April. It will be little sad to leave here but we feel it's time to get moving again.

We spent he afternoon reading on the beach then went out for sushi.

Thought for the day:
You can kiss your family and friends good-bye and put miles between you, but at the same time you carry them with you in your heart, your mind, your stomach, because you do not just live in a world but a world lives in you.
-from Telling the truth by Frederick Buechner-

Also... If possible, book air tickets even earlier!


Today's highlights:
1. Sleeping late.
2. Booking our tickets to Thailand.
3. Booking our bus to Mui Ne
4. Reading on the beach.
5. Sushi for dinner.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.043s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb