Feb 28 Ho Chi Minh to Phan Thiet


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Binh Thuan » Phan Thiet
February 28th 2008
Published: February 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Thurs Feb 28 2008

Ho Chi Minh city to Phan Thiet

After a fairly quiet evening again last night we once again were awakened by a 6am wake up call in order to be ready to meet our car and driver at 8am to depart for Phan Thiet. This was to be another 4 hr or so journey to cover less than 200 km. We have to take the main North / South highway that interconnects Saigon and Hanoi. This entails sharing it with all other means of transportation (bicycles,scooters, cars, vans, cargo trucks, local buses, highway buses, semi trailers) on a 2 lane highway. Lets just say it's NOT a relaxing ride..these guys can find more ways to turn a 2 lane highway into 3 or 4 in a split second so you truly are better off not looking out at the drivers view.

The good news about having a private car and driver is that you dont have to listen to others telling you how they either A😊 loved their hotel and food etc or B😊 hated it and would never return again etc... The bad news is the driver sometimes feels obliged to either entertain or educate you as the journey progress's.
This fellow drove well, albeit aggresively, however by the end of the journey neither M nor I were really certain whether he actually spoke english (which we simply couldnt understand) or whether he was trying to teach us Vietnamese words and phrases etc.

We got to the Victoria Phan Thiet about noon and had a short wander around (and a beer) while we waited for our room to be ready. Initial impression is WOW!!!!

Beautiful resort..lovely amenities..truly right on the beach..a couple of pools..a few bars and restaurants..beautiful grounds and as luck would have it a tad windy and great pounding surf. We both love it immediately and then they take us to our accomodation. Beachfront cottage or sommit..right on the beach..lovely room etc with its own private patio where we immediately lay back and watch the surf for a bit..the room is great..large and airy..sitting area..ceiling fan..Mosquito net over the bed (its folded up but will look great in the pics) but the kicker is the bathroom..down 3 stairs..bright..airy..2 sinks..large bathtub etc and the usual other stuff..and a glass door that opens into a private courtyard where your outdoor shower is located!

We are both glad we elected to stay 4 nights here..the place looks lovely and we both will enjoy a few days of not having to wake up and pack and drive x hours to somewhere else.

The plan (so far according to M) is to relax with a "veg" day tomorrow..hopefully play golf at the Nick Faldo designed course the following day..and then do some touring on the last full day here.

Im going to try to upload a few more pics but these were all stills i shot on the camcorder so Im sure M will have better ones later.

Current temp is hi 20's - low 30's..surf is crashing and its beautiful out on the patio as i type.

Cheers all

R & M


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Victoria Phan ThietVictoria Phan Thiet
Victoria Phan Thiet

The others are Phan Thiet too..guess who's tired
Victoria Phan ThietVictoria Phan Thiet
Victoria Phan Thiet

Our outdoor shower...tooooooo cool
Victoria Phan ThietVictoria Phan Thiet
Victoria Phan Thiet

View from our deck


Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0482s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb