"Rule number one....put your helmet on" - Mui Ne


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Binh Thuan » Mui Ne
December 11th 2011
Published: January 23rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Mui Ne in the dead of night and set out in search of our pre-booked guesthouse 'Hai Yen'. Once found we intended to have a nice early night, but our new Kiwi friends (that joined us on the bus) had other ideas and we sat up drinking and chatting to the early hours!

We woke early, and feeling remarkably fresh we wandered around our new home which included a fancy pool! As the waves were good in Mui Ne our Kiwi friends said they would teach us how to surf so we hired mopeds in search of hiring boards. We quickly decided to stop for a swim in the sea to cool down before carrying on along the coast. The views were beautiful as we drove through the little sleepy beach town. We never found boards, but on our way back we stopped off at the famous orange sand dunes, hiring plastic sheets from the adorable Vietnamese children at the side of the street. They took us up into the dunes in search of the highest peak, and showed us how and where to slide. After exploring the town some more we had another swim and gave into burgers whilst watching the sunset. Magical.

We sat drinking vodka or 'vodka whiskey' as we called it, by the poolside at night. The waves provided hours of entertainment as they crashed over the pool walls which ended in us ranking each one with its own rictor scale style system (very cool). That night we went to one of the seaside bars and drank as the sea soaked our feet!

The next day was very relaxed, mainly spent walking around in search of pizza and pancakes as we all had cravings. The 2 Kiwis drew us a map of New Zealand and indicated everywhere we needed to visit in NZ, even supplying us with names and numbers for people we can lodge with! Winner.

After another morning sat around the pool, trying trying to get a bit of a tan, it was time to catch our next Vietnamese bus. Next stop....Nha Trang!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0334s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb