Fighting cocks, sand dunes and hot nights in Mui Ne


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Binh Thuan » Mui Ne
April 26th 2011
Published: May 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

So it's our last beach/lazy destination in Vietnam and your probably a bit bored of hearing how we are pretty much lazing around tanning an eating out everyday. Which granted we pretty much are...

Mui Ne is basically one huge road (23km) long with the beach and hotels one one side and bars and restaurants on the other. It's described in the lonely planet as the most picturesque of the beaches along the coast with the nicest sand... you'll all be glad to know that it is not really the case. The 'rotten planet' is not always right. Mui Ne is suffering from beach erosion which basically means that the sand is being slowly washed away, or something of the sort, sandy bits to sit/walk on has to be searched out and in most parts the sea comes up to the walls of resorts. Fear not though, as we made sure we got a nice hotel room on a resort with a pool over looking the sea. As we are still trying to stick to our 10 pounds a night accomodation budget we could not afford to have the aircon switched on so were absolutely roasting for the 4 nights we were there.

We got out another moped which was the highlight of our stay in Mui Ne and rode to the 'Sand Dunes' which are incredible, the pictures don't look real and it looks like a movie set as there are a few egyptian style dunes that really appear in the middle of nowhere. We hired a Quad bike to explore the dunes and it got stuck which was hilarious as I watched Tom getting frustrated as he pushed it and it sank more into the sand with golden fluffy sand sprinking all over him each time. Together with some good old team work we got the Quad Bike unstuck and returned it before having to pay a fine and just in time to see the owners pet monkey play fighing with puppies and a cockrell... wierd!!

After 4 days of not doing very much other than riding about the town, tanning, reading in the sun and messing about in the water we headed for Siagon (Ho Chi Ming City) to learn about Vietnams colourful history.


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 73; dbt: 0.063s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb