New Year's activities during Tết 2009


Advertisement
Asia » Vietnam » Red River Delta » Hanoi
February 6th 2009
Published: February 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hanoi, Friday 30 January 2009 - the 5th day of the lunar New Year - Tết 2009, the Year of the Buffalo. Myself, sister and her friends rented a taxi and we went to the Museum of Ethnology. From 29 January to 1 February there were many activities and traditional games at the Museum for celebrating the lunar New Year. They were performed by Vietnamese and ethnic minority people who came from other ... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 44, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Singers on the boatSingers on the boat
Singers on the boat

Sometimes the audience sitting on the bank want to tip the singers. The boat sails close in to the bank and the woman on the left side of this photo would hold out a flat hat to receive the tips.
Singers on the boatSingers on the boat
Singers on the boat

The men are singing while the women are performing dance with their hands. They all wear traditional dresses of North Vietnamese people.



6th February 2009

My next trip
I love your blogs, they are very interesting. I will be there next October or November, before the high season. We will be in contact. Love from Argentina.
14th February 2009

Is this museum far form the centre of Hanoi?
16th February 2009

Museum of Ethnology in Hanoi
The museum is located 10km away from Hanoi's center. You can go there by taxi or take bus #14 from Hoan Kiem lake. I write in Vietnamese the name of the museum, so that you can show the locals in the bus and they can help you. (Museum of Ethnology, Nguyen Van Huyen street / Vien bao tang dan toc hoc, Duong Nguyen Van Huyen). I think the Museum is closed on Monday.
18th February 2009

Thanks for the museum info, we missed visiting that museum last time in Hanoi so it is on our list of things to see next time.
9th November 2009

Hi! What's the weather like during February in Hanoi? Will it be cold during this period? Will it be ok to go to Hanoi during the Tet - are the food shops, markets and place of interest open during this time? Thanks :)
9th November 2009

Hanoi during Tet holiday
Hi there! The temperature in February in Hanoi is about 10-20oC, sometimes it's warmer. The coldest temperature was 7oC but it was two years ago. During Tet holiday, hotels and restaurants in Hanoi's Old Quarter still open. Museums and travel agents will be off work for 3-4 days. The great side is that you will feel the atmosphere before Tet and experience new year's eve with fireworks.

Tot: 0.164s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 23; dbt: 0.1369s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb