Mộc Châu highlands


Advertisement
Asia » Vietnam » Northwest » Son La
May 5th 2010
Published: May 5th 2010
Edit Blog Post

April 30 and May Day were our national holiday, plus weekend, so we had a long holiday this year. Two Vietnamese girls and I rented a 4 seater car with a driver and traveled 192km to Mộc Châu Highland in North West Vietnam. Mộc Châu is a district in Sơn La province and this place is off the beaten track. It's also home of some ethnic minority groups such as the Thai, H'mong, Muong etc. At a... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Mộc Châu milk factoryMộc Châu milk factory
Mộc Châu milk factory

Milks are collected from individual households and processed here.
A stilt house in Bản Áng 2 villageA stilt house in Bản Áng 2 village
A stilt house in Bản Áng 2 village

This is a typical house style of the Thai people in north west Vietnam. They also use wooden stairs to go up and down.
Tea plantation hills Tea plantation hills
Tea plantation hills

Tea trees are planted into the lines.



5th May 2010

Mộc Châu highlands
Thanks for your interesting story on minority villages, that we never find here.
5th May 2010

Moc Chau
Thanks for the interesting photos. The countryside looks beautiful - I have heard that the area is popular for short trips from Hanoi. This is your first blog without a photo of you in an ao dai I think? Perhaps because the ao dai is not suitable for the countryside? Interesting to see that they have black and white holstein type cows. I know they are more productive, but I prefer the beautiful small brown cows that I have seen in other parts of Vietnam.
5th May 2010

Not for Moc Chau
My Ao Dai would be OK, but the long white trousers may be ruined because of the red soil on the hills. So as you said, the dress was not suitable for walking in this area, although Ao Dai would look so beautiful in such a great scenery.
5th May 2010

blue h´mong
It seems there´s an endless variety of minorities. You visited a lovely place and, what I always consider very important, much more important than anything: people!!!! Love, from Argentina.
6th May 2010

Oh we forgot to mention - we agree with your comment "In the big cities we have too much food and wasted them. At least they have some things that we don't." It is the same in Australia and people who live the city life forget there is a beautiful and natural world away from the noise and traffic. Your break away from Hanoi must have been wonderful.
9th May 2010

plums for you
Very charming notes and splendid photos, hanoi girl! The part about the lady getting the plums for you'll to eat and refusing money is very touching... I've met with similar situations...Difficult to return such favours, you can just give them your biggest smile!

Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0812s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb