Ninh Binh


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Northeast
November 25th 2013
Published: November 26th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Today went on tour to the Ninh Binh area. Visited temples of the Chinese dynasty kings 960-1020

Meet some nice people from Malaysia, Germany and Columbia. Guide was helpful and told us all the stories about the temples etc. Heard stories of how the eldest son killed the younger brother and then poisoned the king. ended up poisoning himself as well. The middle son became king but he was only 6 yrs old, so the queen made the general the king.

Traveled then along very bumpy roads to the Ninh Binh area. went on boat trip for 2 hours. Paddled by vietnamese woman - using her feet to row with - went through three caves - very picturesque kaast scenery, and local village life. Hounded to buy things all the time though.

Then went on short bike ride around the rice paddies and through the local village - very interesting way of life. A the Market back at the wharf they had all sorts of food for sale - including dog meat, fish and live water crabs and lots of other things that I wouldn't have a clue what they were.

Vietnamese are not very good at building roads. Even the main highway is very bumpy. Everyone just avoids each other and uses their horns all the time.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



26th November 2013

Me again
Hope Johns surviving the roads - we haven't heard bout any toilets yet!!!!

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb