Hue, Hoi An and the beach.


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » North Central Coast » Thua Thien - Huế » Hué
February 7th 2010
Published: February 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Face of Hoi AnFace of Hoi AnFace of Hoi An

This lady spent every day walking up and down the beach collecting bottles and cans from the tourists. What a tough job in 34 degree heat. But she did it with a big smile on her face.
After leaving Ha Noi we took the sleeper train to Hue (pronounced Hway) a former capital of Vietnam. There were lots of old Palaces and Tombs inside a massive Citadel. The city suffered during the war and is slowly being restored. Two days here and we were off to Hoi An for a bit of beach relaxation and lots of clothes shopping.

Hoi An is the city of a thousand tailors and at least 500 shoemakers. Hand made clothes in less than a day. You can get a pair of shoes made in 24 hours for less than $24. Needless to say we made good use of the facilities.

The plan was to take a short bus ride to Da Lat and stay there a couple of days but the best laid plans always run amok. The short bus ride was going to be 18 hours and that was never going to happen. We changed plans and we're now flying to Ho Chi Minh City aka Saigon.

Later.

Lesley and Leslie


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Hue Imperial PalaceHue Imperial Palace
Hue Imperial Palace

Beautiful, serene but in very bad condition due to the war.
Imperial PalaceImperial Palace
Imperial Palace

The grounds were full of very old buildings and lots of lakes and pagodas.
Tomb of the EmperorTomb of the Emperor
Tomb of the Emperor

Part of the tomb of one of the many ancient rulers.
Number One LadyNumber One Lady
Number One Lady

One of Lesley's many friends on the beach at Cua Dai near Hoi An.
Road to Hoi AnRoad to Hoi An
Road to Hoi An

The mountain road on the way to Hoi An.
Cua Dai BeachCua Dai Beach
Cua Dai Beach

Lovely pristine beach that runs about 35 km from Danang to Hoi An and includes China Beach.
Party guestParty guest
Party guest

One of the people that we met at a Tet party at our hotel.


Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0866s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb