hai dang- my fav. hotel


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » North Central Coast » Thua Thien - Huế » Hué
July 26th 2007
Published: September 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hue is the former imperial capital of vietnam and we can see why when you go into the royal tombs and the citadel. unfortunately, i stayed in the hotel for 4-5 days because i was having food poisoning and fever. the first thing i did when i got into my hotel was to head straight to the toilet to vomit. so i had to recover before we get on another 12 hours bus ride to hanoi. now you can see why hai dang hotel was my fav. hotel beacuse i spent 90% of my time in it. and television programmes had to suck there. but it's really comfy so i'm lucky to rest my weak body there.

the imperial citadel was covered by the boyfriend all alone on foot. it looks really nice on pictures though he said he covered that large area in 2 hours, with consistent walking and was very annoyed by some buggers on the streets and those ladies in the local market still wanted to rip him off!. it looks exactly like what you'll get on tv, they even had purple forbidden city! (just that it was razed to ground, so now an empty piece of land). the local guy named dinh we met at the hotel was really funny and friendly and so we heard alot of stories from him and the bf spent hours over breakfast chit chatting with him. and we even bought hue's famous poetic conical hat! so when i got better, we went to grab some food and i must say that the fresh shrimp spring rolls are really tasty. a must try and the bf really like the Huda beer which was a locally brewed beer of Hue. both the bf and chris said that there's nothing much in hue except for the citadel, i can't say much because i've only been in 2 streets. cant walk far cause tummy might be funny anytime. and so, finally, our last stop, is the present capital of vietnam- Hanoi.


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0391s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb