Day 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Central Highlands » Lam Dong » Da Lat
September 30th 2012
Published: September 30th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day 11




On day 11 we caught another bus to Ho Chi Minh city. This involved crossing the border from Cambodia to Vietnam mid way of the six our trip. Ho Chi Minh city is more built up then Phnom Penh and there are lots more motorbikes. Our accomodation there was very nice and we will most likely stay there again when we return to Ho Chi Minh on our way back to Melbourne.

Day 12



We spent Day 12 booking and planning the next few days in Da Lat. We went to the markets during the day and at night. After dinner as a group, we split up into two groups. Half of us chose to go bowling and the others went to the night markets for more shopping. Bowling was great fun and there is plenty of video evidence of that!

Day 13

Day 13 was an exhausting day of travel for everyone. The six hour bus trip turned into an eight and a half hour one. Everyone was tired when we arrived in our Da Lat accomodation however we still had to find a place for dinner, arrange our trekking plans with 'Phat Tire' trekking company and debrief as a group before bed. The Da Lat accomodation is also very nice and has a great included breakfast.

Day 14

After a good sleep we woke up nice and early for our first day out in the jungle. The elephant rides were a fun start to the day and this was followed by a fresh lunch prepared by our guides. After lunch we took a boat down the river to see an amazing waterfall and took plenty of pictures. The steps to and from the waterfall were definitely worth it. The boat down the river while it was foggy and raining made the surroundings look even more beautiful. We came back to the hotel, then headed out for dinner and investigated an Aladdins cave of markets. When walking home on the search for ice cream we were privlidged to see the annual childrens festival in the streets of Da Lat. None of us had ever seen so many motorbikes in one place. We saw dragon performances, lanterns and drummers everywhere.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0451s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb