Trekking in Dalat (Feb 2008)


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Central Highlands » Lam Dong » Da Lat
February 8th 2008
Published: February 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So me Chris and Aid set off for our trek up Langbian mountain near Lat Village in Dalat. Aid was dressed appropraitely in her knee high brown Russel and Bromley boots, and me and Chris in our daggy "multi purpose sports" trainers......

We got the bus to Lat village and stopped at a shop to buy some water before our climb. I was tempted by the biscuits but was reassured by Aid and Chris that there was a restaurant at the top and plenty of stalls on the way up.

So we began our ascent. We walked along a windy road for about half an hour with lovely views of Lat Village below - so green and lots of farmland. We started to think that is was just going to be roadways all the way and were disappointed, but it soon changed to a dirtrack. We were all starting to get hungry by this time and I started to get the feeling that if there were gonna be any stalls they would have been on the road. Still, the thought of a restaurant at the top kept us going.

The dirtrack soon changed to a narrow mud path which weaved it's way up through the jungle up the mountain. It was so much fun and it did get quite steep at the end and we were clinging to branches of trees. I remembered our guide for our trek in China telling us to "glide" up the mountain.... not quite..... Aid was amazing in her knee highs!!!

We got to the top and were all starving but there was no restaurant (I don't know why we thought there was!!) The views at the top were beautiful and we stayed up there for a while taking it all in, until the thought of food made us move again.

It ws the same way down as up and we slipped a bit on the way down on the steep bits. On the way down on the road way we saw lots of cows and wild horses. We got to the bottom at about 4 and we were jogging at the end along the road desparate for food. We had some gorgeous (anything would have tasted good!) food at the bottom in this restaurant overlooking the village. We were all super knackered that we lay down on the restaurant floor in the sunshine after eating.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0455s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb