Day 9 - Not the last day!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
July 17th 2014
Published: July 17th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Today we woke again to rain rain rain.... Although we were not overly concerned because we had already booked in for our final massages in the morning.... 1.5 hours long for the adults and 1 hour for the boys.
These felt like heaven and it was a fantastic way to see out the morning rain!
The boys were happily playing in the games room after that, so we packed up all our bags ready for our departure.. Then Scott, Mum and I decided to visit the local strip of shops to pick up some bargains and try our haggling skills again - and spend the left over money or course 😊
We returned to the resort and had a quick lunch (although it was nearly 2pm!) then decided to have a quick swim with the boys to expend the last if their energy!
It was time to shower as we thought our bags were getting collected from our rooms at 4:30pm ready for a 5pm airport transfer pick up.
We zipped the last bag up as the phone to the room rang ... It was Mum who was at reception to check out.
She was laughing .... I was wondering why???
She told me the flight was tomorrow not today.......
What????? I didn't believe her at all.
I checked my information .....
Mum was correct!!!!! We were actually a day ahead of ourselves!!!! How on earth does that ever happen????
There were a few minutes where the boys were sad because they were looking forward to seeing Tahlee.... But in no time at all we were off to happy hour to celebrate our bonus night - the night we didn't think we had!!!!!! The boys were happy too with ice creams and smoothies in hand .... It was so funny that we all got it wrong!
Actually Dad and Scott are blaming Mum and I ... But we have only had 9 sleeps here and our booking is for 10.
So after happy hour we set off into the Main Street to a local local restaurant to enjoy our "second" "last" dinner here in Khao Lak. It was a fantastic meal - even better because we all thought we'd be in an airport at that time .....BONUS!
We said goodnight to the boys who are now in bed for their "real" last sleep here ... And Scott and I are still giggling.
Have you ever heard of anyone doing something like this - EVER???
We are now hoping to spend our "second" "last" day relaxing by the pool. Will see what happens tomorrow 😊 Bye for now xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.214s; Tpl: 0.055s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.128s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb