"In High Tide or in Low Tide"


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
March 5th 2007
Published: March 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

'Grand Finale' Thailand


Thailand, the last destination in our long journey, has finally arrived. We knew the whole time that this will be the place to rest before coming back home and so it was.

We started in busy Bangkok which was quite a cultural shock after 'shanty' India but from there it only got better.

We started with Railay Beach, a beautiful sand strip near the town of Krabi about which we heard many good things. It is a place loaded with rock climbers occuping its many limestone rock and some scenic sunsets can be seen there. The water were perfect crystal green and clear.

After a week we moved to Ko Phi Phi, one of Asia's most beautiful islands and also one of the places severly hit by 2004 Tsunami. The island is back on its feet by now and we had wonderful 2 weeks there among the Swedish youngsters dominating the place. The beach was just perfect and so was the food.

In Ko Phangan the story was a bit different. This is the 'Israeli' island in Thailand where you'll surely meet your friend from high-school or the army. It's still a beautiful place with many nice beaches and also a home for the popular 'full-moon' parties. We skipped the party but enjoyed the beach life intensively.

11 months have passed and by now we became quite homesick so without any second thoughts we took the flight back home.












The Title is taken from Bob Marley's song "High Tide Or Low Tide". Marley is the unbeatable king of Reggae , the musical style goes so well with sun, beer and the spirit of good life.





Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

Ton Sai BeachTon Sai Beach
Ton Sai Beach

Notice the rock-climber on the upper right side of the picture. Rock climbing is a popular sports on this beach.
Ko Phi Phi Ko Phi Phi
Ko Phi Phi

Ko Phi Phi beach, probably Thailand's most beautiful island.
If you this - run like hell !If you this - run like hell !
If you this - run like hell !

Tsunami alert sign in Ko Phi Phi. The tsunami in dec 2004 killed more than 2000 people on the island, most of them tourists. Warning alarm system had been installed by the Thai government soon after.
Beaches of Ko Phi PhiBeaches of Ko Phi Phi
Beaches of Ko Phi Phi

This picturs is taken from the upper viewpoint and shows the two main beaches of Phi Phi. Those two were hit simultanously by the tsunami wave of 6m height on Dec 26, 2004.
Ko-PhanganKo-Phangan
Ko-Phangan

Sunset Beach (aka Leela Beach) is the most beautiful beach on Ko Phangan and where we stayed for 3 weeks.
"Make Love - Not War""Make Love - Not War"
"Make Love - Not War"

Grasshoppers making life on Leela beach


8th March 2007

Grand Finale indeed!
The sunset pictures are all amazing. The colors are so... I don't even have words for it. Just take my hat off and bow my head before the beauty of the world.
9th March 2007

Thank you for the memories
This reminded me of my trip to Thailand 18 months ago. It was the most amazing place I have ever been to. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.
9th March 2007

thanks
for sharing. It is lovely...what happens now at home
10th March 2007

Beautiful places to visit
Your photos are beautiful. What camera do you use? Railay beach is extremely popular with rock climbers. They come from all over the world visiting the place. Hope our memories are as vividand beautiful as you pictures
22nd March 2007

Camera
It's nice to be back home :) Canon A610. a simple one... ohad

Tot: 0.186s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 25; qc: 110; dbt: 0.103s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb