Cha Am, a couple of days by the beach!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Western Thailand » Hua Hin
December 30th 2011
Published: January 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

From PKK we took a minibus to the seaside town of Cha Am, just North of Hua Hin. When the bus dropped us off on the main road we looked along the road to the beach and decided it wasn't too far to walk. With our packs on it turned out to be an optical illusion. It was miles!!! Nevertheless, we persisted, but when we got to the seafront we checked into the first hotel we found. Big mistake, it really wasn't very good!!!!!!

Whilst we felt that Hua Hin was like Magaluf, Cha Am was more like Blackpool. There was one long strip of restaurants with a few hotels, a nice promenade area with shady trees and and enormous sandy beach. They were setting up for the New Year celebrations and one of the problems with our hotel was the ultra-bright lights just over the road for the celebrations. There was also the only bar in town with live music after 10pm right outside our window. Oh dear.

We had a lovely few hours on the beach and the sea wasn't too bad either. This was only spoilt by the noise from the jetskis and banana boats! All in all it was a nice, relaxing place. We felt much better the next morning when we checked into a different hotel which had a lovely swimming pool and was more or less the same price as the other place which had nothing! That was much more our style.

So, nothing much to report from Cha Am, but it was worth it for a couple of days of chill out time before heading back to Bangkok.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



7th January 2012

We would love to see jet skis banned
Looks like you had a nice couple of days.

Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 24; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb