Amazing beaches


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Southern Thailand
February 27th 2010
Published: February 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Lonely Planet (the bible) calls Ko Phi Phi Don one of the prettiest of them all. Well it is petty, and the sand is white with clear blue sea. It is about 3 times more expensive than anywhere else in Thailand. We paid 1200 baht for our room which was disguisting, smelt of drainage and we didnt have a flushing toilet. We paid less in Bangkok and got a room the size of an apartment!

Nevertheless, Phi Phi does live up to its name. It is gorgeous, theres nice bars, shops etc. and if you want quieter you can find it.
We went on a day trip to see Maya Bay (which is off the film "The Beach") which is WOW! It is the whitest sand ever, its like powder! The sea is as warm as bathwater. Our boat actually played the soundrack as we were on our way there, how cheesy! To get there we had to swim from the boat and go through a hole in the rocks, where there was a snake! and then walk through a bit of jungle.
We also did some snorkelling, which we didn't think would come close to our diving experience, but it was actually amazing!
It was so clear, we seen loads of fish, 2 giant moray eels, triggerfish and a pufferfish.
It was a short 3 days as we dont have long left in Thailand and must fit in the Trang islands!

Trang islands

A ferry from Phi Phi, then a bus, a tuk tuk, meeting a lovely Thai woman, another bus and a longtail boat. Then we arrived to our beach bungalow in Koh Ngai.....Oh my god, absolute paradise! It was a secluded beach with hardly anyone on it, palm fringed, with coral reefs off the beach for snorkelling. No internet, no phones, no power actually for most of the day! But it was perfect. We were there for 2 days, spent most of it snorkelling, seen loads of clownfish, giant moray eels, pufferfish, parrotfish, bannerfish, buttefly fish etc etc....We then moved to another island, Koh Kradan, which was equally if not a little bit more gorgeous! The sea was even clearer and the reefs off the beach were amazing!
Again, we were on a secluded beach and didnt do much but sunbathe and snorkle. Our trip to the Trang islands has been shorter than we would have liked but had to leave for 2 reasons. 1 - we need to be out of Thailand by the 27th Feb and 2 - theres no ATM and we ran out of money!

But we will have to go back 1 day!



Additional photos below
Photos: 86, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



10th March 2010

dives
have you both grown fins now Jenny you will turn into a mermaid soon, the fish's look great but you keep missing the sharks, you are not meant to see one while under water that must tell you something hope your hand is better, the water and beaches look amazing good job you have pics people would not believe it, time is running out so make the most of the time you have left but do it safetly, take care of each other and enjoy!!!!! lots of hugs and kisses, miss you both terribly. mam and dad xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0677s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb