Sungai Kolok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Southern Thailand » Sungai Kolok
May 5th 2005
Published: May 11th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Woke up early got the bus to the border, got stamped out of Malaysia and into Thailand. Arrived at Sungai Kolok train station and I asked for 2 sleepers with air cond and the thai guy just laughed. We didn't realise that there were 2 public holidays coming up and all the sleepers were booked up. So we got 3rd class tickets with fan for the 22 hour journey costing 240baht ($A7) . Later we realised that we were so lucky to even get seats, as the trip went on, kids started sleeping under seats, men and women who couldn't get seats were lying down on newspaper on the floor in a pool of sweat and I was climbing over bodies to get to the toilet. The train stopped at almost every station up the east coast and Thailand until Bangkok. At every stop people selling food, watches and other stuff came on the train and yelling something in thai and waking everyone up. It was an interesting train trip, finally arriving in Bangkok with my clothes stuck to me with my own sweat. Got a taxi to Khao San Road and immediately went to my favourite super friendly guesthouse the Baan Sabai and crashed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0625s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb