Days 11 - 22: Perhentian Islands, Khota Bharu & Hat Yai


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Southern Thailand » Hat Yai
June 6th 2012
Published: June 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone!

We are into our 3rd week of travelling and have just crossed the Malay-Thai border. We are currently based in Hat Yai for the night before an early start tomorrow when we will be travelling to Ko Lipe.

Since the Cameron Highlands we haven't really travelled very far, spending the last 10 days on the Perhintian Islands. This is a pair of Islands off the East Coast of Malaysia which is powered by generators and we we staying in bungalows on a golden beach with turqoise blue waters which only had electricity from 7pm-7am every day and no wi-fi which is the reason for the delay since our last blog.

I (David N) am sat in our hostel in Hat Yai while the other 3 have all crashed after a long day travelling and not being able to handle their drink (which is considerably cheaper now we have entered a non-muslim country). We've had an absolutely fantastic 10 days on the Perhentians, we met some really nice people and had a super relaxing time.

Lewis met some more poiers and has now moved onto the fire poi stage. Louise and Dave Smith have also taken to poi and are progressing well with Lewis as their jedi master. Unfortunatley I was in the middle of an exciting book and couldn't put it down to practice but now we're in Thailand I do intend to purchase some fire juggling sticks and start practicing!

We also did a load of snorkelling on the Island and can proudly say we've swam with Black Tip Reef Sharks, Turtles, Clown Fish, Parrot Fish, Eels, Sting Rays and a whole load of other sea life which has been one of the most incredible expierences of our lives. We're looking forward to exploring the national marine parks Thailand has to offer and might get our diving certificates while we're out here.

Not much else to report, as the others have gone to bed I can't upload any pictures but next time we find a computer I will make sure we do. Everyone is alive and well and having an absolutely superb time (although Dave S is finding the heat a bit difficult at times!).

Love to all!

DDLL


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



13th June 2012

DDLL
just read your blog and it sounds fantastic wish i was young again !!! i would have gone with you!! thanks for my post card lots of love nan.

Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb