Railay


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Railay
February 4th 2013
Published: February 4th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We splashed out on a aircon bunglaow with a pool which we got straight in with our new Apache pilot friend and a sweet couple from South Africa. When the Mosi's got too much we went out for dinner to another 'Mum's Restaurant' (a popular choice in name) followed by a couple of drink in Skunk bar with an Australian couple who got us excited about the next leg of our journey.

The next day we decided to walk to the view point. It was not a walk! It was a steep muddy scramble up the side of a cliff. It was nice though and despite warnings that the path to the lagoon was pretty rugged we went for it anyway. It was a bloody risky, slippery, muddy slip and slide to a not very impressive lagoon at the bottom but we made it down and back up alright.

Once our sweaty, muddy selves had made it back out of there we went straight to the beach to cool off and stayed here watching the climbers till it rained again. Once it started raining it just didn't stop and despite our hopes of going rock climbing here we called it a day and headed to Bangkok to get ready to head for Australia.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.054s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb