Poo-ket


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
April 25th 2006
Published: May 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Days 163-167



We left Bottle Beach and caught the boat back to the mainland. We waited around for our bus across to Phuket as the big luxurious buses turned up to take passengers all around Thailand. Then this rickerty old thing turned up and we joked it was ours. Next they were shouting for passengers travelling for Phuket and signalling us to get into it. It's ok, we thought, it's just a van to take us to our real bus. After a while we stopped and all started to get out expecting to board the nice big bus, but no, more people were getting into our van!! We had to laugh, otherwise we would have gone mad! Eventually we got to Phuket and stayed in a hotel which was less than plush!

The next day we got a taxi to Nai Harn Beach where we were meeting two little rats from home, Abi and Rach who had come out to see us for a couple of weeks. We checked into the fancy hotel they were staying in. It was so nice to see them. We went out for lunch then sat on the beach for a bit before getting ready and going out for dinner to a restaurant which soon became our local. Us girls had a few cocktails while Stu stuck to manly beer. Carly was very excited to use Abi's straighteners after having a crazy mane for over 5 months!

Next morning we met for breakfast and Rach and Abi were keen to get out in the sun to catch up with our tans. We walked into town then met up with them on the beach later. We found them a little worse for wear and very pink, cowering in the shade. It seemed the tanning queens had met their match - the Thailand sun!! In the evening we went back to our local but poor Rachel had sunstroke so we didn't stay out long - just long enough for her to eat her steamed rice!! Poor little rat. We went back to their room and watched a film.

The next day we walked into town again while Rach and Abi retreated to their rooms for the day, out of the sun. We sat by the pool as the beach wasn't the best and covered in ugly purple jelly fish. In the evening we went back to our local for dinner and cocktails.

Our final day in Phuket, Rach and Abi went on an elephant trek tour and we chilled out watching tv as we were a bit bored of the beach and pool. Stuart had a thai massage on the beach and spent the evening watching football while the girls watched a chick flick. It was back to our local for dinner.





Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb