It wasnt supposed to be this nice :)


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
January 16th 2011
Published: January 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

When you leave a huge penthouse and head for the airport only to be told you've arrived a day early, theres not much to do other than say that stupid thing all tourists in the same position say.."But what am I going to do?"

Catch your plane to Vietnam tommorow and check out the village recommended by hotel staff for the night until it was the right day for our flight. A short 200bht taxi ride away I thought ok its only for the night we can put up with it. A fine mist started drizzling as dusk set in when we arrived on the beachfront and were delivered to the Nai Yang club beach resort. After a bit of negotiating we grabbed a room and amidst much laughter at my little error decided to have a swim as the sun went down before grabbing something from room service.

As we wandered out I noticed there were only a couple of other tourists walking along the beachside amongst the splattering of tiny restaurants on the beach. We had a quick dip before grabbing a seat at a cute little restaurant with individual dining platforms on the sand and ordered a great meal of fresh seafood - so fresh it was swimming in tanks and we chose our own critters.

We had to leave for vietnam the next day so woke up early to explore this one little strip of beachfront road and its mini mart, fantastic massage and pampering place and cute little restaurants. I had noticed a dive shop and wandered in to find out what diving was available. A tour agent across the road offered all the usual phuket tours and island tours to Phi Phi and a ferry to Krabi. I grabbed a beautiful silky handkercheif dress from one shop and bought the same dress in another shop in a different colour. We really enjoyed after our morning swim and giant wandering off to the Indigo Pearl hotel to use their gym just wandering around into shops without any sales pitches.

Theres no nightlife at Nai Yang. Its a quiet place. The locals like it that way. For lunch we had more seafood and spent the day swimming and eating and lying on the beach just gazing out until we had to fly to Vietnam. We looked at eachother and both felt happy and content enough staying right where we were but decided to go to Vietnam anyway and get smacked with a huge culture shock between this little beach that bore the brunt of the Tsunami and the bustle of Saigon.

After Saigon, we promised eachother a few days at the end of our trip back at the little beach. A few weeks later we spent the day flying from Siem Reap to Bangkok and back to the little beach where we ended up staying just chilling looking at the sea and the monsoon moving in for a week. I did a few dives out on the home reef and the tin wreck and had a great time. Theres a night market a short taxi ride away which we didnt explore because we were too busy doing nothing.




Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

Choose your PetChoose your Pet
Choose your Pet

Hotel offered a choice of cat, dog or tortoise..we had a cat..easier to feed than tortoise.
P4300300P4300300
P4300300

Octopus Garden squid to die for!
Great DivingGreat Diving
Great Diving

Diving out of longtail on the tin wreck.
Monsoon SunsetMonsoon Sunset
Monsoon Sunset

Ok its blurry im not a photoshopper!
Local Pizza Restaurant on the beachLocal Pizza Restaurant on the beach
Local Pizza Restaurant on the beach

Nothin more to do than chill out :)


Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 20; qc: 72; dbt: 0.0807s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb