James Bond Island


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
October 29th 2010
Published: October 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

What a day today! We went on the Phan nanga Bay/James Bond Island speedboat tour with Andaman Cruises. After another dodgy transfer where the driver didn't have the airconditioning going and we were fast becoming a puddle and losing oxygen down the back of the mini bus, we finally got there. We sped to Koh Panak and Koh Hong Islands and had a look from the boat at the wonderful formations .

We then sped to James Bond Island. This is an experience. The boats cue up and back into the tiny little dock area. You then step off the boat and get bombarded with the women trying to sell you their overpriced goods. Anyone who grabbed my arm didn't get a look in. We walked past the leaning rock (Khao Ping Gun) and we decided that we needed to go to the toilet. Pam had her first experience of a pit toilet - probably one that she will never forget. We were all glad to get off the island and we sped off through the amazing mangrove swamp.

We had lunch at the floating village (Panyee Village) which was an amazing place. Everything is built on the water, they even have their own mosque there. Lunch was beautiful and there was plenty of it. We then went canoeing through the caves. The scenery was beautiful but then came time to get out of the canoe. There was no way I was going to stand in a little rubber canoe, so I somehow managed to gracefully half roll half pull myself out.

Our final destination of the tour was Naka Island. The storm clouds were starting to gather (apparently a typhoon had hit Burma and we got the tail end of it). We got caught in the downpour (our first bit of rain) for about 10 minutes and then as we headed for the island, it just disappeared. This is a lovely beach where all of the speed boats pull in and let you off for an hour. Beautiful white beach sand and gorgeous warm water to swim in - what more can you ask for. The boat crew even cut up pineapple and water melon for us. Our tour finally ended and we were taken back to out hotel - it was a fantastic day and one that I would recommend.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0553s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb