Sawasdee Chiang Mai. Sawasdee Phuket


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
October 7th 2010
Published: October 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Final Days



After a hectic few days we woke at a more relaxed time on wednesday and headed for breakfast in the exec lounge again. Today being our last full day we really just wanted to chill so we spent a large portion of the morning in the lounge catching up on emails and blogs. While we are on the subject of the blog's I apologise for putting up so many in such a short time but the internet at the hotel was both crappy and limited to being used in the exec lounge without paying and I wasn't prepared to pay to have crappy internet in the room, I scored 2 30 minute free passwords and it was worse than the free connection in the lounge so it was a good idea not to pay for it.

After Lunch we went back to the room and started on the packing so we would not have much to do in the morning before we leave. We then headed back to the lounge for coffee and afternoon tea. The hotel has an excellent bakery and the range of bread, cakes, pastries and biscuits were among the best we have had anywhere.

Back to the room for a rest while we tried to workout what to have for dinner, we both reached the conclusion that seen as though we were going to the night bazaar to finish off some shopping we would grab something from one of the vendors.

At around 6 we headed back to the lounge for what woul be the last of our free pre dinner cocktail privileges for the rest of this trip. After a few rum nuts for me and a pina colada for Colli we headed out for the bazaar in search of Sunglasses and serving platters. We worked up an appetite as we bargained our way to what we needed and headed off in search for some food. Noodle soup with pork, corn on the cobb with butter and salt with pepsi max x 2 from 7/11 on the way back to the hotel. Grand total for dinner and drinks 134 baht Krop Khun Mak Krap as you say in Thailand (thank you very much).

We awoke in the morning excited to be going to Phuket but sad to be leaving Chiang Mai. After finishing off the packing we went to the exec lounge for our final breakfast here and reflected on what we had done over the last 10 days and the people we had met throughout our time here.

We returned to the room to have our bags collected and headed down to the lobby and finalised our account before waiting for our ride to the airport which took roughly 20 minutes. After checking in we had a coffee and prepared ourselves for the 2 hr flight to Phuket which unfortunately was full. Thankfully it was an uneventful flight and we touched down in Phuket about 10 minutes early and made our way to the baggage claim. After a brief wait for the plane to be unloaded and as luck would have it our bags were in the first 10 or so off the plane. Then we ran the gauntlet of Taxi mafia as we tried to find our representative, we were ushered into our waiting car where we met our very excitable and animated driver.

With his very limited english he did not seem to grasp the concept that this was not our first time here and very excitedly pointed out rubber trees, pineapples and various other mundane things but it was entertaining for some parts, it was a pretty quick trip we arrived at the last hotel on our trip.

Colli was marginally disappointed that we didn't get the top floor but got over it and we settled into our room on the 7th floor, after putting our luggage away we decided to go to the chemist and get some supplies. On the way back we stopped at our regular dvd shop which had relocated the dvd part of the shop to larger premises just around the corner making Colli happy as they are now also at ground level so no steep stairs like the old place. Almost 6000 baht and 1.5 hours later we had most of what we wanted and had worked up an appetite so we grabbed some food and a few beers at Harry's. We topped off our first night in Phuket with a massage although it was not the same without our usual massage place.






Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 25


Advertisement

OouchyOouchy
Oouchy

Collli's bruise a day and a bet later


10th October 2010

What an amazing pool
Hi Guys glad you have had a nice last day in Caing Mai and are safely in Phuket. Happy shopping some amazing Photos. Dad and I went to Jersey boys today took the group to Sydney good show. My you are adventurous with the food in the market place so far so good by the sound of it. keep enjoying dad says hi stay safe and talk soon.

Tot: 0.158s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 77; dbt: 0.073s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb