2nd June - Gaylenes Birthday


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
June 2nd 2009
Published: June 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GAYLENE!!!
Hope you guys had a pleasant flight home and Coastline were there to meet you.
We have moved hotels, now at the Serene Resort on Kata Beach, and believe it or not, we have the same room we had when we last stayed here. This room has tea and coffee, the last one didn’t. We have hired a 125 bike till Sunday, a little automatic one that seems to do the job.
Warren had the most harrowing of days yet at the dentist, however the results are amazing. He spent from 12pm to 2.15 in the chair then a break till 3 and out again at 5.30. On Friday there are two more visits and hopefully that will be the end of it. I went and had another look at Jungcelon - a big department type store. Murv and Gaylene - I found more of the store out the back - it is absolutely huge, we only saw a small part of it. I got lost in it, went out the wrong door and walked all the way around to the front again. (For those who aren’t in on the joke - I kept getting lost INSIDE our resort) However - my navigational skills worked on the roads, we never made a wrong turn on the bike. (Helps when you look at street signs)
One thing about driving around here - no-one knows if you are a bad driver, they all drive badly. I got fed up with the constant barrage from Tuk Tuk drivers, stall holders, massage girls etc and got a couple of magazines to read and headed back to the dentist and sat for a couple of hours reading and doing the cross words.
After the dentist we went for a walk to wait for the anaesthetics to wear off and checked out some dinner at a nice little restaurant that plays ABBA for background music. The curry was excellent. Back to the hotel for a little piece and quiet.



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0545s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb