happy anniversary and gibbon goodness


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
March 5th 2009
Published: March 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today was Aaron and I's four year anniversary, and I spent the whole night sick in bed. We'd spent the day with Rohan and Jodie at the Gibbon Rehabilitation Centre, which essentially takes in gibbons from around Thailand who have been mistreated as circus animals in bars, elephants and even private homes, and rehabilitates them in prepration for potential release back into the world. This involves teaching them to drink water from their hands again, to swing from branches and to eat fruit again (and not human food/alcohol).

After this we went to Phuket Town, about 30 minutes in the interior of Phuket island and walked around for a few hours looking at various shops and people. Rohan set us on a mission to search for "delicious cookies", which according to his Lonely Planet guide were something that "could not be missed". We trekked for what seemed like hours, searching for this shop "which did not have a sign" that was located in a side street off a side street off the main road. Passing by street hawkers selling dried squid and duck entrails, past a wild rooster the size of a small child, to a private house which must have doubled up as the 'bakery'.

We then met Jodie's parents at the After Beach Bar on top of a hill, just managing to catch the sunset - which is when I started feeling sick and had to call it a night. Aaron and the others ventured off into the Kata nightlife and I believe there was a midget bar involved....however that is a story for another day.....


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



6th March 2009

Fuck jian you are looking like a black man already! LOL Sucks that you were sick on your annivesary. But yay for 4 years! That is so awesome.
9th March 2009

CONGRATULATIONS on four years guys! Cheers for many more exciting happy prosperous years to come!!! xXx

Tot: 0.195s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 58; dbt: 0.1523s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb