Bangla Road with Go-Go Girls & Ladyboys


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
December 16th 2008
Published: January 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

So it was time to see what all the fuss was about when it comes to the famous Bangla Road in Patong, so all dressed up and loads of places to go & see we all piles into a Tuk-Tuk and we were off on the 20 minute ride into Patong. First stop was Tish's favourite bar Nicky's Handlebar, this place was packed and over the next few weeks l could see why. Nicky a Thai guy and his staff did everything possible to make your visit something to remember. The bar is fill with Harley Davidson Bikes and he has a bike garage at the back of the bar stock with loads of Harley's and other makes too. The bar is a mecca for expats and Bike mad fans too. There is a pool table and after a few games, a few Mai Tai's it was time to eat. The food here is fantastic and his Chicken Green Curry was one of the best l have tried in Thailand so far. There is even time to play connect 4 (Blast from the past) whilst sitting chatting and Nicky even entertains the crowd with card ticks and wooden puzzles, but the best trick is when he poured Beer into his ear and it came out of his mouth (Don’t try that at home kids).

Next stop Bangla Road

Like all night owls, Soi Bangla awakens when the sun sets. That's when Patong's liveliest party zone becomes closed to traffic and ready for action. Famous for its raunchy nightlife, Bangla goes all out to entertain with girls, beers and music that increases in volume as the moon rises. Jammed most nights year round, it's actually totally unthreatening and lively place to walk around as bars compete for customers. The girls aim to please - dancing around poles, engaging in banter, or coaxing customers to play simple bar games like "Connect" or "Hammer the nail" to break the ice. The objective is to entice customers to buy drinks and hopefully, take them away for the evening.

Almost all of the bars are outdoors so the music from each one is deafening! Beers Bar occupy most of the street's length, with several a-go-gos and a few pubs, restaurants, discos and shops rounding out the attractions both on Bangla and down its side streets, Soi Eric has done a good job of bringing order from chaos. The first thing you notice is that Soi Eric doesn't sound like battle of the bands. There is one DJ who plays the records for the entire street, which cuts down on some of the noise and confusion of the other sois. Of course, some like the confusion and with six different beats playing even the worst dancer is bound to find one by mistake. Soi Eric has also tried to cover all the bases, with a pharmacy and art gallery at the front, a restaurant at the back and a go-go bar as the anchor, Soi Eric takes care of most of your needs (the girls handle the rest). This place is mad and crazy but you can't help but stand there and watch. After a while it was time for me, Edward and Ludwig to move on, so we said goodnight to the rest of the group as they headed home and us to the paradise complex a few blocks up the road.

Go on touch my boobs!!!!!!!

We made our way to the paradise complex which was in the below the Paradise Hotel, in a bright street filled with loads of bars, restaurants and clubs. The clubs had guys outside telling everyone that a show was going to be started soon 'Come inside'. We sat for a drink outside one of the bars and was quickly joined by a host of Ladyboys in outrageous costumes and very funny. After years of experience l knew it was all about the money and told Edward & Ludwig that the beer prices were high but the clubs were free. We had our picture taken by a host of these guys and was even told by one of them who flashed his boob to 'touch it' at first l didn’t want to but it was followed by a more abrupt 'touch it' so l did.

The rest of the evening involved watching some weird and sometimes awful drag shows, some go-go boys that had as much desire to be there as a wet fish (Sorry) and then dancing the night away in a club called 'Kiss'. This was not a bad club and could not have been that bad as we didn’t make it home until about 6am.





Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Smile BoysSmile Boys
Smile Boys

That means all 3 of you
He/She made me do itHe/She made me do it
He/She made me do it

Note to my Nan. Hope these pictures are not to bad for you.
Little shop of HorrorsLittle shop of Horrors
Little shop of Horrors

Ok, you msot admit that it would be hard for some people to know that these are in fact guys. Apart from the one in red.


13th January 2009

boobs
what fun u r having!!!! you couldnt have done that in tesco!!

Tot: 0.398s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 66; dbt: 0.1259s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb