Phuket city and Temples


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
February 23rd 2008
Published: February 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today we decided to take a tuk tuk into Phuket town for shopping and adventure. We were told of a market where you can get really cheap stuff. This market was HUGE and we could have easily got lost in there. However it was very overwhelming and hot, plus nothing had prices so you had to haggle for everything. And they never had out sizes in anything we liked. It is impossible to find shoes for bigger feet.
We had lunch at an all-you-can-eat sushi buffet. It was really good quality and they were probably glad to see us leave as Justin wanted to get his 'money's worth'.
We then went to a taxi hut and hired a driver to take us around for the afternoon. We went to the Chalong Buddist Temples and then went up an unbelievably steep and windy road to the Big Buddha that is still under construction. The funding is provided by donations only so it is taking a long time. We hope that it will be done by the time we decide to come back.
Tonight is our last night in Karon Beach as we will be moving to the hustle and bustle of Patong. Everyone on this trip has told us that Patong is in your face crazy so this should be interesting. We are looking forward to it even though the hotel we are at now is so peaceful and beautiful.
Enjoy the pictures and keep the great comments coming... We really love reading them.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

SpiderSpider
Spider

This spider was very large. It was bigger than Justin's hand and had cool yellow markings.


23rd February 2008

It's not "haggling", but bargaining to get your money's worth! LOL! Miss you both.
24th February 2008

Woo Hoo!
Sounds like a great time. Missing you in the kitchen, but glad you are having fun.

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb